Payments and Cancellations
- Bookings are confirmed on full payment
- Cancellations more than 30 days prior to arrival will be refunded 50%.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to arrival, or a no-show will receive no refund.
- Travel insurance is recommended
Terms & Conditions of Letting
Reservations for short term holiday accommodation are accepted by Daintree Magic / Booking Button ("the Booking Agent') as agent for the owner of the property and to which bookings the following terms and conditions shall apply;
- BOOKINGS/PAYMENTS: To secure a booking, non-refundable full payment is required by Booking Button or owner directly. By paying a deposit you have read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
- RATES: Rates are subject to change without notice.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once your booking has been confirmed and receipted your payment is non-refundable. The Booking Agent recommends that the Guest takes out comprehensive holiday cancellation and protection insurance with a reputable insurance company to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise including accident, ill health or any other matters beyond the Guest's reasonable control, as once the booking is confirmed and receipted, the Guest will be responsible for payment of the full rental. Please choose carefully as no refund will be possible once your booking is confirmed.
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Daintree Magic is available from 2:00pm on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure. The only way to absolutely ensure early check-in or late check-out is to book an extra day.
- KEYS: Loss of keys and remotes will be charged to the Guests at the discretion of Daintree Magic. A replacement charge of $50 for keys and $150 for remotes will be charged.
- DAMAGE: Any damage such as scratches or drawings on wooden floors or walls by young children or broken furniture or marks on lounges or chairs will all be charged to your credit card at an additional fee of $200 for cleaning or replacement.
- CLEANING: If house is left in unacceptable cleaniness, an additional cleaning fee of $200 will be charged to your credit card. This means dirty dishes with food left on sink, excessive amounts of sand in the house and through the lounges, food spillages on floors etc.
- GUESTS PROPERTY: All personal belongings, baggage, vehicles and other property of the Guest of any description shall be the risk of the Guest at all times and neither the Booking Agent nor the owner accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage thereto.
- BREAKAGES AND DAMAGES: We appreciate that Daintree Magic will be returned to us in the condition presented on arrival. Any excessive cleaning required or garbage removal will incur additional charges. Breakages or damages not caused by normal wear and tear will be charged to your credit card if necessary. Please note that it is not our intention to charge for replacement or accidental broken crockery.
- MAINTENANCE: For reasons of safety we reserve the right to enter the property to repair any fault.
- TELEPHONE CHARGES: Local calls are complimentary. Calls made to Cairns from Port Douglas and surrounding areas are billed by Telstra as an STD charge. ISD and STD calls will be charged to your credit card. A copy of charges can be requested. We suggest using a phone card or mobile for your convenience. (There is mobile reception, just up Buchanan creek road, opposite Crocodylus.)
- LIABILITIES: No responsibility is taken for personal items left on the premises during or after departure. Daintree Magic does not accept liability for any injury, damage, loss, additional expenses and disruptions caused directly or indirectly by events, which are beyond our control (including natural disasters). We do not accept liability for error omissions, default or negligence represented on our website. Daintree Magic does not accept liability for changes made due to renovation, alteration and refurbishing of individual retreats.
- We endeavour to keep our website updated at all times. All property descriptions are made in good faith. No responsibility can be taken for alleged misrepresentation.
- Any material on this internet site is made available for the purpose of providing access to current information and is not provided as professional advice. Before relying on the material, users should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances to evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes.
- External Links: If links are provided to other internet sites they are provided for the user's convenience and do not constitute endorsement of the information at those sites. We accept no responsibility for material contained in any site that is linked to this internet site.
- Third Party Views or Advice: Material on this internet site may include or summarise views, standards or recommendations of third parties, or information supplied to us by other parties. Inclusion of such material is not an endorsement by us of that material and not an indication of our commitment to any particular course of action.